Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Do You Regularly Clear This Cache?


Safe to keep important things.
The life is becoming complex in this dynamic world day by day. We come across a variety of people with variety of their moods, expectations and experiences, actions and reactions. We also behave differently with different people at different times.

Every person is under some sort of stress. In less time we want to achieve more. Some people are able to manage their stress whereas the others are not.

It usually happens that whenever some person hits our dignity, self-respect or doesn't come true to our expectations we just happen to create a negative image of that person, open a virtual account in our mind and keep on registering all the chronological events relating to interaction with him. That account stands dormant with positive event but every so called slightly negative event enters that account with compound interest till date.

I had been working for a long period of time on my website. It passed through various ups and downs like any other work . The person maintaining the site now also showed the same behaviour. Like in any other case of technical work, his response can be compared to fluctuation in voltage of electricity in summers. However, he has been handling it in a very good manner from the beginning.

As I am very anxious about my website and want to do a lot, I keep on sending messages to him regarding any issue till it is finally resolved.

Now, something happened. I had been sending messages regarding some issues on my website that were major for me but minor according to him. I opened the same account , started making the same entries. Within a week's time, the account had accumulated a large balance.

The website was not opening on laptop properly. It opened after, like jumping on the laptop, showing some broken images before opening properly. When I tried to open it on my cell phone, two logos were appearing instead of one. I couldn't control myself. Again, I called him. He didn't pick the phone. It made the situation worse.

After a few minutes again made a call. He picked up. I told him the problem. He said, everything is fine on his side. He started telling me about the various issues, and I would interrupt him regarding the problem in opening of the site. He said, "Pehle Cash clear krlaena see"(in Punjabi). I replied,"cash v clear ho jayega pehlan kamm tan hove"(in Punjabi) means "Cash will be cleared after the clearance of work." Then he clarified that he meant 'çache' not 'çash'. He told me how to do it, but I won't listen to him. Then he asked me to wait for some more time.

In the meantime, I searched Google: 'How to clear the cache?' Obviously, Google as usual, offered its services. I cleared the cache of my laptop, and the website opened very nicely. Then, I cleared cache of my cell phone again after searching the Google as to how cache of Android phone should be cleared. It again helped me. When I opened my website from cellphone, it again opened very nicely with only one logo, however. By the next call I told him that everything is fine now.

But, honestly speaking, I felt a strong jolt by the process and aftereffects of clearing the cache.

Same thing happens with our lives. we keep on gathering the events and experiences in our mind like a savings bank account to play safe in times of need. But actually, that accumulated stuff gets rotten and keeps on polluting our minds. 

So, we must disregard the unwanted negative thoughts time to time so that mind can clearly look ahead. We must clear our mental cache regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Everyday Lessons from Gurbani

  As per the Sikhism, here are 10 everyday lessons from Gurbani: 1. Practice Humility :  Gurbani teaches to practice humility and believe th...