Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Attitude Means a Lot

                                          Attitude means a lot.

 

The idea of writing blog struck my mind again, after a long span of about 15 months. What to write? Then thought, some issue of common interest should be taken.

Ok, where there is a will there is a way. Yes, I think it's true. I was asked to take substitute period in class XII D. I eagerly went there to see that only 33 students were there, first good sign.

I entered the class and could understand the acceptance of my going to their class, by the students as they greeted me with a simple nod. I asked them to remain busy with their work (and let me be busy with my work (writing blog). After 2-3 minutes I took out a piece of paper from a register lying in the drawer of lecture stand and started scribbling on that.

I looked outside towards my right. What I see beautiful trees, one Guava tree and three Papaya trees loaded with unripe fruit. The tallest of the Papaya tree was hardly 6 feet, with its central leaves crumpled with some disease. Exactly under these trees, there were Kochia plants (may be some other, as I am not able to give the right spellings) thanks to the owner of the kitchen garden for maintaining such green spaces in the school campus, in the absence of which a person like me cannot breathe.
All this is necessary to break the monotony of nonstop teaching also.

Then, I looked towards my left side. From the door side, a classroom in the adjoining wing was seen. Inside the room, What I see, little children facing the results of frustration of the teacher as well as their parents. Why teacher-she has been handed over a brigade of about 50 fresh minds like clay, naughty enough to catch everything negative from the environment. Why parents - because they are too busy or too ignorant of their duties towards their children, of their good upbringing. 

Then again, I saw them, whom I was supervising, they were also too busy to know about what I was doing all about. 

Then I looked up - the roof, three fans humming.

3 fans, 33 students and 1 teacher are more than enough to create noisy environment. But no. There was no noise. At least it did not enter my ears. Then a bell rang asking me to move to my own class XII C, to teach my subject which I really enjoy. 

Moral:
1.Change the attitude according to the requirement.
2. You can write anything for blog If you want, provided your intentions are good.
3. If you want to do something, start at once, quality can be improved by experience.

This is a very old post, published now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Everyday Lessons from Gurbani

  As per the Sikhism, here are 10 everyday lessons from Gurbani: 1. Practice Humility :  Gurbani teaches to practice humility and believe th...